Archived News Item
Laudato Si’+ Conference Celebrates Special Laudato Si’ Anniversary YearApril 7, 2021
The Institute recently collaborated with the Australian Catholic University and Catholic Religious Australia for an online conference that celebrated and reflected on the changes inspired by Laudato Si’ since its 2015 release, and the work to be done in deepening our understanding of this significant document in the future.
With over 100 registered participants, the conference was held over three days between March 15-17, bringing together a range of international speakers including theologian/biologist Dr Celia Deane Drummond of the Laudato Si’ Research Institute in Oxford, Professor Brian Swimme, mathematical cosmologist from the California Institute of Integral Studies, and Archbishop of Suva, Fiji, Peter Loy Chong.
The conference process, designed by Margie Abbott RSM, was envisaged to be undertaken as a whole experience, with contemplative listening and dialogue, as well as the presentations, facilitating actions arising from participants by the end of the process.
Feedback suggests this process was a truly transformational experience for many, allowing time for information and ideas to sink deeper, through reflection and sharing, and become embodied.
A number of recordings of the sessions are now available to view:
- Conference opening ritual facilitated by Margie Abbott rsm with Acknowledment of Country by Sherry Balcombe of Aboriginal Catholic Ministry, Melbourne and opening address by Adele Howard RSM.
- Q and A with Dr Celia Deane-Drummond, Director of the Laudato Si’ Research Institute, LIVE from Oxford, UK.
- Celia Deane-Drummond on Laudato Si’ and the Eighth Work of Mercy
- Introduction to Contemplative Dialogue with Brenda Peddigrew rsm LIVE from Canada
- Day 2 Participants Forum
- Celia Deane-Drummond on the Evolution of Wisdom
- Mystic Meditation facilitated by Dr Gillian Ross
- Second Q and A with Celia Deane-Drummond LIVE from Oxford, UK
- Professor Brian Thomas Swimme of the California Institute of Integral Studies, LIVE from San Francisco, USA
- Archbishop Peter Loy Chong (Archbishop of Suva) LIVE from Fiji
- Dr Gillian Ross on the Mystical Renaissance, LIVE from Pemavalley Sanctuary NSW
- Emerging responses from delegates, closing ritual facilitated by Margie Abbott RSM.
Video 1 – Welcome – 15 March 2021
Conference opening ritual facilitated by Margie Abbott RSM with Acknowledgment of Country by Sherry Balcombe of Aboriginal Catholic Ministry, Melbourne and opening address by Adele Howard RSM.
Video 2 – Q and A with Dr Celia Deane-Drummond, Director of the Laudato Si’ Research Institute,
Live from Oxford, UK
Laudato Si’ and the Eighth Work of Mercy
Video 3 – Celia Dean-Drummond – 16 March 2021
Video 4 – Brenda Peddigrew RSM – 16 March 2021
Introduction to Contemplative Dialogue
Video 5 – Participants Forum – 16 March 2021
Video 6 – Celia Dean-Drummond – 16 March 2021
The Evolution of Wisdom
Video 7 – Gillian Ross – 16 March 2021
Video 8 – Celia Dean-Drummond – 16 March 2021
Video 9 – Brian Swimme – 17 March 2021
Video 10 – Archbishop Peter Loy Chong – 17 March 2021
Video 11 – Gillian Ross – 17 March 2021
The Mystical Renaissance
Video 12 – Emerging Responses – 17 March 2021
For more information about the presenters, click here.
Messages to: Sally. Neaves@ismapng.org.au