Sister Berneice Loch honoured in the Australia Day Honours Lists
Sister Berneice Loch rsm OAM
We congratulate Berneice on the reception of the Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM). The Government website page "It’s An Honour – Australia celebrating Australians’ states that the award is given:
‘For service to the community through the Institute of the Sisters of Mercy.’
– Leader, Institute of the Sisters of Mercy, Australia and Papua New Guinea, since 2011.
– Leader, Congregation of Sisters of Mercy, Rockhampton 1991-1996 and 2006-2011.
– Foundational Congregational Leader, Institute of Sisters of Mercy Australia and Papua New Guinea.
– Member, Sisters of Mercy, since 1964.
– Worked to found Mercy Partners, 2004-2011;
– Mercy Partners Council, 2010 and 2011.
– Member, Board of Directors, Mercy Health of Aged Care Central Queensland Ltd; Chairman, Company Members.
– Administrator, Mercy Community Health Services, Balgo Region, Western Australia, in the 1990s.
– Principal, Deputy Principal, Consultant and Teacher with various Catholic Secondary Schools in Mackay, Gladstone and Rockhampton, since 1969.
– Involved in the development of the Wadja Wadja Indigenous High School, Woorabinda, in the early 1980s.