Archived News Item
POSITION VACANT: National Facilitator Young AdultsAugust 13, 2009
The Institute of the Sisters of Mercy of Australia seeks a motivated and experienced Co-ordinator to work as the national facilitator of a network of young adults committed to a vision of making a difference in our world, based on the values of compassion and justice.
The successful applicant will be responsible, along with representatives from the different States, for leadership training, resource support and information across the network.
The position is for 20 hours per week.
Applicants will have:
- An understanding of Mercy Mission
- Tertiary qualifications in education, social work or community development
- Relevant experience in working with young adults in formal and informal settings
- Highly developed skills in communication, facilitation, interpersonal and relationship building
- An ability to work collaboratively with others
- A high degree of initiative and creativity
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for someone who is interested in grass-roots community development projects, initiatives and actions.
Applications close on August 31, 2009.