‘Eliminating Human Trafficking – Here and Beyond’ – ACRATH Annual Conference
ACRATH members gathered at St Joseph’s Centre Baulkham Hills for their annual conference and AGM, 18 – 20 February 2020.
The 2020 conference ‘Eliminating Human Trafficking – Here and Beyond’ explored key areas of ACRATH’s work and included:
- The annual report delivered by ACRATH President, Noelene Simmons SM http://acrath.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/2020-ACRATH-Annual-Report.pdf
- Our Place Within the Global Context, Recommendations and directions from Talitha Kum
- Human Trafficking and Slavery in Australia – The importance of collaboration: Marilynn Ross APM, Senior Sergeant
- Forced Labour and Forced Marriage Panels
- Scoping study in South Australia and the implications for ACRATH’s work: Dr Marinella Marmo https://acrath.org.au/extent-of-human-tragedy-in-south-australia/
- A Snapshot of Directions for Awareness-Raising
- Nurturing our Spirit, Sr Clare Condon SGS
- ACRATH into the Future
The conference provided a wonderful opportunity for members to experience the richness of one another’s gifts and work and, consider the ways ACRATH can continue responding to issues of human trafficking. Katrina Brill RSJ and Noreen McGrath PBVM from ANZRATH (Aotearoa New Zealand Religious Against Trafficking of Humans) also participated in the conference.
The AGM was held 19 February and the results of the elections are:
The National Committee for 2020 – 2022:
President Louise Cleary CSB
Treasurer Shane Wood CFC
Secretary Carmel Heagerty RSM
ACT/NSW Regional Coordinator: Lorraine Phelan RSM
QLD Regional Coordinator: Janine Bliss FMM
SA Regional Coordinator: Meredith Evans RSM
Vic Regional Coordinator: Claire Griffin CSB
WA Regional Coordinator: Kathy Fagan
General Committee Members appointed by the National Committee are Clare Condon SGS and Peter O’Neill SSC.
Messages to: firstname.lastname@example.org