Archived News Item
CALL TO EMBRACE RENEWABLE ENERGYJune 15, 2016
In conjunction with the Australian Federal Election, the Institute has initiated a petition that calls on politicians to develop policies that enable progress towards:
· A national goal of at least 50% renewable energy by 2030
· A fair tariff for the millions of people who have invested in their own solar power
· A national program to help low-income households and renters with soaring power bills to transition to renewable sources of power
· Innovative energy structures in which communities collectively control these new energy systems
· Transition to new jobs for people currently in fossil fuel industries.
The petition is addressed to the Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull, Opposition Leader Bill Shorten, Environment Minister Greg Hunt and Shadow Environment Minister Mark Butler.
It can be signed by visiting – https://www.change.org/p/call-to-embrace-renewable-energy