The Institute will be launching its Sustainability Policy on Friday of this week, November 4.
The policy, ‘An Integrated Approach to Sustainable Living’ is part of our commitment to promoting and adopting an integrated approach to sustainable living across the whole Institute to respect, reverence, conserve and renew our global environment.
Concern that we be good stewards of Planet Earth is infused in the Constitutions of the ISMAPNG, and is expressed strongly in the 2011 Chapter Statement. The policy is therefore not a beginning but a special milestone along the journey that Sisters of Mercy, and those who walk with us have been taking over these many years.
The policy will be launched by Institute Leader, Sr Berneice Loch rsm, who will be joined by some of the Sisters who have contributed to the development of the policy and who are modelling its application in their daily lives.
The launch (duration approximately 30 minutes) will be via LIVE VIDEO STREAM, accessed through the Institute website on Friday, November 4 at 2pm (AEDST).
• 2.00pm in New South Wales, Victoria and Tasmania
• 1.30pm South Australia
• 12.30pm in Northern Territory
• 11am Western Australia
• 1pm Queensland and Papua New Guinea.
Through accessing the link on the Institute website you will be able to view the launch on your desktop computer, laptop, IPAD or phone.
The launch is also being screened at one of the venues below :
• Melbourne: Mercy Centre, Alphington and the Hub, Nicholson St, Carlton North
• Adelaide: Community Office, Mile End
• Perth: Community Office, Northbridge
• Rockhampton: Mercy Centre, Agnes St
• Townsville: Mercy Hospital Education Centre
• Cairns: Seville Conference Centre
• Brisbane: Mercy Partners Office, 131 Queens Rd Nudgee
• Stanmore: Institute Centre
• Ballarat: Community Centre, Victoria St
• Newcastle: Mercy Centre, Tighes Hill.
Please note – previously it had been advised that Lewisham and Canberra would be screening the launch, however these two venues are no longer available.
The launch will also be recorded and available for viewing via the website after the event.
For further information – Deirdre.Gardiner@ismapng.org.au or +61 2 9572 5400