News Items

A recently published book, Through a Prism of Mercy, celebrates the centenary of the Coburg Convent of Mercy, October 1903 -October 2003. The first Coburg convent was once the Young Queen Hotel, built in the 1850's and famous as a stopping place for diggers during the gold rush days. The building was bought by Monsignor O'Hea, who bequeathed it and the surrounding property to the Sisters of Mercy. The first convent was superseded by the second Coburg Convent opened in 1959, a fine yellow brick structure with 40 bedrooms. This building is now incorporated into Mercy Secondary College, Coburg. T

Read More